At FishChoice, we believe that a thriving and sustainable seafood industry is possible. Located in Fort Collins, Colorado, FishChoice is a 501(c)(3) environmental non-profit that creates technology-based solutions to help commercial seafood buyers and suppliers easily wade through the vast amount of environmental data at their disposal, allowing them to make informed sustainable purchasing decisions. FishChoice partners with the leading environmental organizations in our field, and over six hundred seafood companies, to help determine the most sustainable seafood products on the market today.
To achieve our mission, we operate two major industry-facing websites:
FishChoice.com - Launched in 2009, the FishChoice platform is the industry-leading website and resource for seafood transparency, empowering businesses to analyze and promote their sustainability initiatives and products to staff, clients, and potential new customers.
FisheryProgress.org - Launched in 2016, FisheryProgress.org is the one-stop-shop for reliable information about fishery improvement project (FIP) progress. With over 93% of Global FIPs reporting on our website, FisheryProgress makes verified FIP progress information accessible for hundreds of industry and NGO users, making sourcing from FIPs easier than ever.
dATA ANALYST Description
FishChoice is looking for a qualified candidate with a passion for the environment to join our team! In this position you’ll be working with our team based in Fort Collins, Colorado to fulfill a variety of data analysis needs that will directly contribute to our goal of making sustainable seafood information more accessible. As our Data Analyst, you will take responsibility for the management and analysis of our master data sets, developing reports, maintaining accuracy, and troubleshooting data issues. To excel in this role, you will need a fine eye for detail, experience analyzing fisheries and aquaculture data, and strong problem-solving skills.
Lead the alignment of sustainability ratings and certifications information on FishChoice.com, in collaboration with our partner organizations, including:
· Update ratings and certifications on FishChoice.com on a regular basis
· Interact with our partner organizations (i.e. Seafood Watch, Ocean Wise, Marine Stewardship Council, etc.) to ensure timely and accurate data flow
· Identify and implement ways to improve the accuracy and validity of data on FishChoice.com
Analyze seafood sustainability and fisheries information on all FishChoice platforms including FishChoice.com and FisheryProgress.org to identify patterns/trends to inform new web development and directions for business engagement, such as:
· Regular data analysis/report generation to help inform organizational monitoring & evaluation and decisions for future projects and/or funding
· Reporting and analysis on trends in our data that can be shared with our greater community
Work with FishChoice technology staff to improve data management and data structure for both websites
· Improvements in data architecture and source taxonomy
· Aligning data with external partners for exchange via API
· Data visualization for internal and external use
Manage the use of Salesforce across FishChoice and FisheryProgress, ensuring data consistency across platforms and working with our external Salesforce developer on new and existing functionality
· 3 - 5 years experience managing complex data sets, preferably in an environmental field
· Familiarity with seafood sustainability ratings & certifications
· Ability to create & run analytics reports
· Experience with data visualization and data structure
· Experience with Salesforce
· Understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) practices preferred
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
Compensation and schedule
This role will be a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. FishChoice maintains regular office hours Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. This position is based in Fort Collins, Colorado. Remote candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please email your resume, along with a one-page cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications to:
All files should be attached to your email as a PDF, or an MS Word doc.
*Please do not respond to this posting with solicitations for recruitment services.